At Squeaky we take any complaint seriously. We know that on occasions things can go wrong, and if you have the need to raise an issue with us, we will work hard to ensure we resolve it quickly and fairly. Our aim is to have fully resolved your complaint within 5 working days. We will not use industry jargon but be clear and transparent in all communications with you.
If there is a complex issue that needs longer to resolve, you will be kept informed of this, and we will agree for updates to be provided as regularly as you wish. We will provide you with a named individual who will work closely with you to fully resolve your problem.
In order to ensure your complaint gets immediate attention, please send your complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org
Within 24 hours of receiving your complaint, we will call you to discuss this further, provide you with your named individual and agree next steps. All complaints that remain outstanding after 10 working days will be reviewed by our Operations Director, Chris Sutehall (email@example.com) in order to bring the matter to a satisfactory conclusion.
All complaints are reviewed on a monthly basis by our Senior Management team, with a view to understanding how we can learn and subsequently improve our service for all of our customers.
If we haven’t been able to resolve your complaint within 8 weeks or we reach a deadlock situation, we will contact you to let you know that you have the right to pass your complaint to the Energy Ombudsman. They will carry out a free, independent investigation into the matter on your behalf. They are totally independent and will make a decision on the information available.
You do not have to accept their decision, but if you do Squeaky will abide by their recommendation. They could ask us to apologise or take remedial action, which may involve compensation.
To get in touch with the Ombudsman Service:
Our complaints performance
We report our complaints from micro-business customers to Ofgem every month. Here are our statistics for the month of July 2018:
- Number of complaints received: 2
- Number of complaints received per 10,000 customer accounts: 27
- Number of complaints resolved: 1
- Number of complaints resolved per 10,000 customer accounts: 13
- Percentage of complaints resolved by the end of the next working day: 50%
- Percentage of complaints resolved within eight weeks: We don't yet have enough data to report this yet!
Our first five top complaint reasons:
- Billing & Meter reading issues - unrelated with meter type
- Switching issues - unrelated with meter type
Examples of complaints
We don't have to do this, but as we're Squeaky clean, we wanted to be transparent about the type of complaints we're getting and how we're handling them.
- A customer who switched to us via a broker believed that Squeaky would lower the cost of their bills, but we were actually a little more expensive compared to their previous supplier. We asked the broker to contact their customer to explain why they switched them to Squeaky. When they did, the customer asked for their contract to be cancelled and as a gesture of goodwill we agreed (although the mistake was actually the broker's). The complaint is still open as the customer has been travelling and has not yet instigated a switch.
- A customer had several issues with incorrect bills or payments. They requested details of all invoices issued and payments made as they were struggling to reconcile. We re-issued all their invoices, and committed that our Operations Director would personally monitor the next few bills to ensure they were correct.